Friday, September 21, 2007

Kim Deitch at MCAD

Underground comics legend, Kim Deitch, was a guest speaker at MCAD yesterday, and I had the pleasure of introducing him. The students (as you can see in the pics) were enthralled by his enthusiastic lecture and Q&A session. The night before, I met up with fellow cartoonists and MCAD instructors, Barbara Schulz and Zak Sally, at Big Brain Comics, where Kim was doing a signing. I got a pair of books autographed -- and Kim was kind enough to add sketches as well. Zak, Barb and I got to look through Kim's portfolio of pencil roughs for various projects -- which were absolutely GORGEOUS. I hope someday there will be a book collection of them, as they really deserve to be seen. After the signing, the whole crew, including Kim's lovely wife Pam, all dined out at The Modern -- where Zak highly recommends the pot roast! I had the ravioli -- tasty.





No comments: