Saturday, July 25, 2009

More Batmania!

The world was Batman crazy in the mid-60s, thanks to the twice-weekly television series (which I love, by the way).  Ads in these Sunday comic sections I've been scanning tend to run to appliances, furniture, breakfast cereal and sugary drinks for kids.  But once in a while, you get a doozy like this one! POW!  Batman toys for FREE!?! Why, oh why, was there no Mister Donut in my neighborhood!?!  I had those Batman trading cards -- and wanted that helmet awfully bad -- but, alas, I had to make it through childhood without one.  

And dig this Yogi Bear strip goofing on the Batman craze.  I don't know who drew this -- but there's some mighty good cartooning going on here!

More vintage comics posted here regularly as Big Funny looms large....


No comments: