Thursday, July 23, 2009

URBAN LEGENDS and SHOCK STORIES pencil prelims

With all this fuss over Big Funny, I don't want to ignore the impending release of my Monsterwax Urban Legends and Shock Stories trading card sets.  Here's a  look at part of the creative process behind the cards.  

After getting script and a rough concept sketch from Kurt at Monsterwax central, I'd draw pencil prelims (see examples below) at print size.  Once approved, I'd enlarge them in Photoshop, print them, lightbox them onto bristol board and refine the drawing (still in pencil) -- and then do the final inks.  At that point, the art was shipped off for color and/or 3-D conversion.  Most of these went to final with little change -- some went through several revisions (see "Biological Barrier" below).

If you'd like to see more, leave a comment or send me a message!










No comments: