Friday, September 7, 2012

Two Sunday strips and the Free State Comic Con!

We're nearing the end of the Power House Gang story -- just a few weeks to go!  The 8/29/12 page below has a first for me -- the first woman with a speaking part since I took over drawing the strip in January!  It's been a testosterone fest so far -- but many more female characters are on the way.  

Two Phantom pages here, as I've fallen behind in my posts.  I've been quite busy with work and life -- and sometimes it's tough to keep up with all that's on my plate.  I've not posted much but my Phantom strips lately, and I regret that.  I wish I'd had the time to post about my weekend in Metropolis, IL for their Superman Celebration, or something about the unfairly maligned film John Carter, which I adore -- just to mention two examples.  

But the time constraints of work commitments and raising my kids mean I don't post as much as I'd like.  I'll try to post a little more -- and include a bit more variety -- when time allows.  But at least this is better than my website, I haven't updated the news page there since before my daughter was born -- and she's seven months old!

Tomorrow, I'll be a guest at the Free State Comic Con at the Douglas County fairgrounds in Lawrence, KS -- doing sketches and signing comics.   Here is a link to a list of the other comic artist guests at the show.  I'm spending today sorting art, comics and magazines -- getting things ready for the show.




No comments: